|Position:||Senior Program Officer (80%) - swisspeace|
|ausf. Beschreibung||swisspeace is a practice-oriented peace research institute. It analyses the causes of violent conflicts and develops strategies for their peaceful transformation. swisspeace contributes to the improvement of conflict prevention and conflict transformation by producing innovative research, shaping discourses on international peace policy, developing and applying new peacebuilding tools and methodologies, supporting and advising other peace actors, as well as by providing and facilitating spaces for analysis, discussion, critical reflection and learning.
To reinforce its Dealing with the Past Program, swisspeace is looking for a
Senior Program Officer (80%)
Starting date: First quarter 2019 (or by agreement)
The swisspeace Dealing with the Past (DwP) Program supports governmental and non-governmental actors in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of DwP activities. The program provides a wide range of training opportunities and contributes to the research-policy nexus through its research projects, conferences, publications and teaching.
- Supporting Dealing with the Past / Transitional Justice processes
- Developing new ideas and projects and securing corresponding funding
- Supervising staff members
- Working closely with Dealing with the Past actors in Switzerland and internationally
- Running Dealing with the Past training courses organized by swisspeace
- Leading applied research projects related to Dealing with the Past topics
- Strong interest in Dealing with the Past processes
- Experience in supporting formal Dealing with the Past processes (e.g. in an international, national or hybrid tribunal, a truth seeking mechanism, a reparation program)
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Dealing with the Past or peacebuilding, practical field experience is a requirement
- Masters’ degree in a relevant discipline (law, international law, history, political science, psychology), Master’s degree in law is an asset.
- Extensive network in the field of peacebuilding, in Switzerland and internationally
- Excellent spoken and written French and English. Russian, Arabic, Spanish or German are assets
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills in French and English
- Availability to travel frequently, including to conflict contexts
- A challenging job in an attractive field of work with political relevance
- A positive working atmosphere in a dynamic and international team
- Attractive working conditions, flexible office hours and an attractive work place in the heart of Bern and from 2019 onwards in Basel
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English, including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by 17 December 2018.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘DwP Senior Program Officer’ in the subject
|zu besetzen ab:||01.01.2019|
|Einsatzort:||Schweiz, Bern, 3013 Bern|
|Download "Senior Program Officer_swisspeace.pdf"|
|Bevorzugte Bewerbungsart:||per E-Mail|