|Position:||Placement Officer (EVS)|
|Beschäftigungsdauer:||Befristet bis 30.09.2020|
|ausf. Beschreibung||- be between 18 and 30 years old
- share the values of VCV and SCI (volunteering, solidarity, tolerance, equality, peace and nonviolence and respect for environment)
- have good knowlegde of English
- have basic computer skills (Internet, MS Office, Social Media)
- be open-minded, adaptable and ready to adjust to a different culture
- be self-reliant and capable of improvisation when needed
- be patient, flexible and able to work in an international team
- be willing to learn about other cultures and lifestyles
- be committed to sharing your knowledge and skills
Experience with communication work and skills in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Ilustrator, Canva and Mailchimp are an asset.
|zu besetzen ab:||sofort|
|Lohn/Gehalt:||Kost und Logis, Reisekosten, Versicherung usw.|
|Sonstiges:||BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ORGANIZATION
The main goals of Volunteers' Centre of Vojvodina (VCV) include raising the level of consciousness about voluntarism and waking up altruistic thoughts in young people. VCV is working on this through different voluntary activities related to prejudice breaking, such as raising the level of tolerance between different ethnicities in Vojvodina (region in Serbia), providing more opportunities for cooperation to people with different ethnic and religious backgrounds, and including young persons with fewer opportunities. The main activities of VCV are international voluntary projects in small local societies, short-term and long-term voluntary exchanges on a regional and international level, awareness raising campaigns related to environmental problems and the education of other organizations and school youth in issues related to voluntarism.
VCV is the Serbian branch of Service Civil International (SCI). Field of expertise of VCV include development of voluntary service and intercultural work.
THE EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE (EVS)
Young people who do European Voluntary Service (EVS) live in another country for a period and work there, in a non-profit-making project of benefit to the public. In this way, they gain valuable experience abroad and can further their personal development on many levels. The receiving organisations aregiven active support. Both sides benefit from the intercultural exchange. All stay costs are covered by Movetia. Here you can find additional information: https://www.movetia.ch/en/programmes/swiss-programme-for-erasmus/youth-in-action/voluntary-service/
For the period of the project, you will be doing the volunteer service in our office in Novi Sad city center. You will mostly work on placing the volunteers in workcamps in Serbia and abroad, but don’t think of this service as dull and boring computer work! You will also have a chance to join VCV’s activities and conduct your own workshops – if there is anything you are good at or like doing, this is the time and place to show it to the world! Additionally, if you enjoy communication work, designing and creating beautiful promotion material - you can also help our PR coordinator with the preparation of our monthly newsletter issues.
All in all, you will have a possibility to engage in all of the wide areas of VCV’s work and to contribute to positive changes in Serbia. You will also have the freedom and the opportunity to propose and start new initiatives with the support of volunteers engaged in VCV. During the summer, the activities will broaden, and you will have a chance to participate or even coordinate one of the workcamps organized in Serbia or Balkan region. These general terms contain all diversity of events, projects and ideas. Thanks to this, you will find space for your own creativity, initiative, and interests, which are always welcome and supported.
You will be supporting VCV in following activities:
- Placement of volunteers in workcamps in Serbia and abroad
- Communication with volunteers and partner organizations
- Promotion of workcamps in Novi Sad, providing information to interested volunteers
- Writing small promotional articles for VCV’s website and social media
- Supporting the PR coordinator with monthly newsletter issues (preferably)
- Preparing and conducting small weekly workshops for VCV’s Volunteer Club (topic depends on volunteer’s skills and interests)
- Coordinating a volunteer workcamp (if interested)
- Developing new projects and activities related to the field of work of VCV
Are you interested? So please send us your motivation letter and CV until 30th November 2019 to Francesca Albanello at email@example.com.
|Einsatzort:||Serbien, , 3001 Novi Sad|
|Download "Call Placement Officer_EVS_PO in VCV.pdf"|
|Bevorzugte Bewerbungsart:||per E-Mail|
|Organisation:||Service Civil International - Schweizer Zweig|
Monbijoustrasse 32 Monbijoust
Tel.: +41 (0)31 381 46 20